Welcome to MaineDriversLicense.org
We are here to simplify the process of obtaining your Maine drivers license by providing you with up-to-date information and assisting you with all the necessary steps to getting your license as quickly as possible. We will make sure you are prepared with everything you need to know, what you need to bring, and where you need to go for all your drivers license needs.
It is against Maine state law to drive with an expired license. You can renew your license up to 10 months before your license expires. Read more
Changing Your Address on Your Maine Drivers License
Maine law requires that you update your address information when you move, but also provides an online service for your convenience. Read more
Replacing Your Maine Drivers License
If your drivers license has been lost, stolen or destroyed, you'll need to get it replaced immediately to avoid getting a ticket or risking suspension. Read more
Getting a New Maine Drivers License
If you have never been issued a driver license in any state, the state of Maine requires that you complete a state-approved drivers education course. Read more
Getting Your Maine Learner's Permit
You must be at least 15 years of age to obtain a learner's permit in Maine. You also need to pass a written exam at your local BMV. Read more
Maine Drivers Ed
Maine state law requires that all first time Maine drivers successfully complete a state-approved drivers education course prior to applying for a drivers license. Read more
Changing Your Name on Your Maine Drivers License
If your name has changed due to marriage, divorce, adoption or any other circumstance, and you would like your drivers license to reflect your new name, you will need to provide acceptable document to your local BMV to establish your name change on your drivers license. Read more
Many drivers' license services may be processed online. Check out the Driver License Easy Guide™ to assist you with driver license services that may be handled online. If you have received a notification from the Maine BMV, check your notification to see if you are able to submit your requests online.If you need to visit the BMV in person, please read these 10 helpful tips:
- Find the closest Maine Drivers License office.
- Confirm the office hours.
- Make an appointment; appointments are available at all offices.
- Avoid Mondays and Fridays, the best day to visit the office is mid-week (Tues, Wed, Thurs).
- Avoid the 11:30 a.m. - 2 p.m. hours as they tend to be busy due to lunch break visitors.
- Avoid the first and last day of the month.
- Avoid the day after a holiday.
- Come prepared with all required documentation to complete your requests.
- Print and fill out your forms prior to visiting.
- If you have any questions, concerns, or special circumstances contact your local drivers license office prior to heading over.